How common is weight gain on luvox? How about abilify (aripiprazole)?

Not common. Luvox is an ssri antidepressant that is used to treat obsessive-compulsive dx, social anxiety dx, and depression. Jazz pharmaceuticals indicates that Luvox has a "weight-neutral profile." Abilify (aripiprazole) is an anti-psychotic that is now also used to treat bipolar disorder and depression. Abilify (aripiprazole) may work by decreasing Dopamine and increasing serotonin. Weight gain occurs infrequently.
Weight gain. In a 3 week clinical trial – adults treated w abilify (aripiprazole) for Bipolar I disorder gained average of 0.7 pounds (placebo lost 0.2 pounds). In another 3 week study of abilify (aripiprazole) tx for adults w Bipolar I disorder - 2.2% of patients gained 7 % or greater body weight compared to 2.7% with placebo. (http://www.abilify (aripiprazole).com/bipolar/side-effects.aspx). I was unable to find specific % for weight gain with Luvox.