Can luvox (fluvoxamine) be used for chronic anxiety?

Yes. Fluvoxamine (luvox), a ssri (enhances serotonin) used to treat OCD and social anxiety disorders, is also used off-label to treat depression, panic disorder, and ptsd. Because social anxiety disorder is often a chronic disorder, long-term use of fluvoxamine may be necessary. Note that in many most cases, people do better with a combination of therapy, life-style changes, and medication.
Luvox (fluvoxamine) and anxiety. Luvox is an ssri antidepressant and is in the same classification as prozax, zoloft, Celexa and lexapro (escitalopram). It's niche, so to speak, is to treat obsessive compulsive disorder, which is an anxiety disorder. As with most ssri's, its seretonin effects seems to diminish symptoms of anxiety. Simply put, yes Luvox helps reduce anxiety.