I can feel my heart bulging when I put my finger on ribs while lying on left side. I've been stressed lately. What is this? So afraid

Called PMI, which. means Point of Maximal Impulse, commonly an ~2 cm or smaller area, between ribs, in which the push of the left lower tip of the heart can be felt during most heart contractions, as it twists & pushes against the intercostal muscles during each heart beat. Feeling for the PMI is an examination detail taught to MDs for heart exam. Look up/study the Alya Red video on youtube.com for some background.
Normal. This is the normal pulsation of your heart. Be sure to follow up regarding your prior kidney pronlems. Anxiety may also cause you to more easily sense your heartbeat. Relaxation techniques may help!