When I was younger I used an inhaler, I have not exercised in years and plan to do so now, should I get an inhaler?

Yes. There is a version of asthma which is exercise induced, and as such it would be a good idea to have a rescue inhaler on hand just in case. Some exercisers with exercise induced asthma take a dose of pump prior to exercising as well to prevent symptoms in the first place.
Yes. You may not need, but until you get started with cardio exercising - - btw - start slow.. 10-15 minutes a day at first then increase...... If you need the inhaler, it is better to have it just in case....
Yes. Many children eventually outgrow reactive airway disease/asthma and do not need medications. However, if you still have symptoms (such as wheezing, difficulty breathing when walking fast/going up stairs, or environmental allergies) then you should have one as you begin to exercise again. As you continue to exercise you will be able to determine if it is necessary or not.
No. Symptoms of asthma can fade as the airways mature so having asthma as a child does not necessarily mean you will have it as an adult. However, sometimes asthma can be so mild that only certain triggers (like exercise) will bring about symptoms. The easy answer is to gradually ease into an exercise program. If you notice asthma symptoms during exercise then you may need an inhaler.
Yes. You should see your doctor. He or she should be able to do lung function evaluation that could indicate your need for an inhaler. There are different types of inhalers with benefits and risks-- your doctor should be able to find the right one for you if you need one.
No. The use of inhalers are not without risk, and this can be increased by physical activity. Once an exercise program is started you would find out soon enough as to whether you might need an inhaler or not. What you needed when you were younger may no longer apply.
No. Before undertaking any new exercise program one should consult with their doctor. Many of my patients had asthma as children which they outgrew and no longer needed inhalers. You may have had exercised induced asthma when you were younger. Could you still have it now? Possibly, again that is why you should discuss with your doctor before undergoing any new vigorous exercise regimen.
No. No, you probably don't need an inhaler. I am assuming you are referring to having wheezing as a child and having the wheezing treated with an inhaler. Most children who wheeze and are treated do not need treatment as an adult. That being said, one should consult with their family doctor before embarking on an exercise program.
No. If you have not needed an inhaler in years, you are not likely to need one simply because of a new exercise program. Getting short of breath from being out of shape is different from being out of breath from bronchial constriction. If you are taking oral medication for asthma, then you should talk with your doctor about having a pulmonary function test prior to starting the exercise program.
Yes. The safest course would be to have a rescue inhaler (albuterol) before you exercise, or perhaps even use it before you exercise. In truth, a large number of people outgrow their asthma before ever seeing a doctor as an adult so I am not worried terribly. If the asthma was bad, see a doctor and ask what medications can allow you to exercise. But get out there and exercise!
Yes. It is likely that you have outgrown your need for a pre-exercise inhaler. There is little danger in proceeding with exercise cautiously and assessing your own need. Start slowly and if you have symptoms of wheezing or shortness of breath it would be best to see your primary care physician for evaluation before increasing your intensity.
Yes. You should consult with your physician first, but it may not be a bad idea to have an inhaler to use in case you start wheezing when you start your exercise plan.
Yes. Exercise induced asthma is modifiable and many individuals out grow this. I would suggest you first see your doctor and have a physical exam to make sure you do not have any underlying wheezing or lung problems. I do not think you will need an inhaler to start exercising, but i would first check with your doctor. Many times individuals can outgrow the exercise induced asthma they had as children.
No. Asthma in childhood doesn't always lead to asthma in adulthood. Try exercising first. If you find that you are wheezing or excessively short of breath with exercise, consult with your physician about how you might best control your symptoms.