I had viral meningitis a few years ago and it left me with a scar on the memory part of my brain. Can the scar on my brain cause scap itching?

In brief: No, NOPE, & NO WAY

Very few times I can ever give someone a 100% ironclad guarantee on an answer but this is one of them. NO--That means you'll have to look for other reasons as to why your scalp itches.
If you ever wish to talk about the memory part of your brain that may have been affected by this bout of viral meningitis then, feel free to write me your questions on my webpage at: www.healthtap.com/drsaghafi

In brief: No, NOPE, & NO WAY

Dr. Dariush Saghafi
Dr. Dariush Saghafi

In brief: No

The scalp itching is a dermatological condition, which should be readily rectified by simple measures.

In brief: No

Dr. John Froude
Internal Medicine - Infectious Disease

In brief: No

The sensory supply to the scalp is via nerves that are rarely damaged by viral meningitis.
It is more likely a local problem. If shampooing with ordinary shampoos and meticulous drying does not help I would suggest you see a dermatologist.

In brief: No

Dr. John Froude
Dr. John Froude
Dr. Jonathan Jassey