Very nervous about seeing a gynecologist for the first time. Should I tell her I have generalized anxiety disorder and how nervous I am for the appt?

Dr. Hindi Mermelstein
Psychiatry - Geriatric

In brief: Tell the doc

Many people feel anxious when going to the doctor. The first appointment can be anxiety provoking still as you don't know the doc & you have not had that type of exam before.
In addition, GYN exams raise topics that we usually think of as private and that too can add to your discimport. Let the doc know yout concerns as they you can work together . Good luck

In brief: Tell the doc

Dr. Hindi Mermelstein
Dr. Hindi Mermelstein
Dr. Jane Van Dis