How many times a day should I use my asthma?

Dr. Jason Bellak
Internal Medicine - Allergy & Immunology
In brief: What medicine?
I assume the question is, "how many times a day should I use my asthma inhaler?" this depends on what the inhaler is and the severity of your disease.

In brief: What medicine?
Dr. Jason Bellak
Dr. Jason Bellak
Dr. Visalakshi Vallury
In brief: Depends
I suppose you mean how often do I need to take my asthma inhaler.
This really depends on how severe your symptoms are, how effective the medication is, which type of medication you are prescribed, if you have allergies etc. Quick relief inhaler like albuterol are usally taken every four hours, controller medications like advair are taken twice daily.

In brief: Depends
Dr. Visalakshi Vallury
Dr. Visalakshi Vallury
Dr. Visalakshi Vallury
Absolutely. Coughing and noisy breathing can be a sign of asthma, please see your doctor to check.
Dr. Shontae Buffington