I have swollen glands under chin cos I had a sore throat and now a cold sore. When cold sore will be gone, how long does it take for glands to settle?

Pathology

In brief: They may not

These lymph nodes are your friends.
They may stay enlarged indefinitely, since they are stronger after fighting each infection.

In brief: They may not

These lymph nodes are your friends.

In brief: Usually 1-2 weeks

Symptoms seem viral in nature.
Will take time for your immunity to build the full response to clear it up.

In brief: Usually 1-2 weeks

Symptoms seem viral in nature.
Dr. Martin Rubenstein
Internal Medicine - Hematology & Oncology

In brief: A while.

a first time cold sore might take 1-2 weeks to completely resolve and the nodes could stay swollen for a month or more.
Subsequent outbreaks usually resolve more quickly. The lymph nodes may never go back to their initial size but should be less than 1 cm in size and not be tender when everything settles down.

In brief: A while.

Dr. Adam Levy