How do I know if my child has asthma?

Dr. Stephen Kimura
Internal Medicine - Allergy & Immunology

In brief: History

History of symptoms tends to be very important in children.
Cough with exertion, laughing or crying, cough with uris, wheezing, or cough at night, all can be clues to childhood asthma. A physical exam helps and then as the child gets older, specialized lung function tests can be done to confirm the diagnosis.

In brief: History

Dr. Stephen Kimura
Dr. Stephen Kimura
Dr. Eulogio Galvez
General Practice

In brief: Wheezing

Symptoms are wheezing and shortness of breath.
I would refer you to our healthtaps pediatrician to give you further information. My practice is on adults only in surgery and self-healing meditation to treat cancers and chronic illnesses as a secondary support management of complementary medicine.

In brief: Wheezing

Dr. Eulogio Galvez
Dr. Eulogio Galvez
Dr. Timothy Bell

In brief: Expiratory wheezing

Everything from allergic rhinitis to full blown asthma attack is because of your immune systems responce to your environment.
A lot of children present with constant runny noses and mom and dad don't notice the wheezing. Later as the child is exposed to more allergens they notice that it gets more difficult to breath in certain situations like exercising, or when it gets cold. Wheezing......

In brief: Expiratory wheezing

Dr. Timothy Bell
Dr. Timothy Bell