Can my 4 year old take cough medicine and tamiflu (oseltamivir) at the same time?Positive influenza test 4 days ago, lingering cough,fever free 48 hours.Contagious?

In brief: Yes, most

over-the-counter children's cough medications can be taken with Tamiflu, (oseltamivir) but the cough medication may not have any added benefit and will not shorten the course.
If he/she is still coughing, I would consider him/her to still be somewhat contagious through those respiratory droplets released by the cough, although one is most contagious while the fever is there

In brief: Yes, most

Dr. Deborah Ungerleider
Dr. Deborah Ungerleider
Dr. Sari Nabulsi

In brief: Flu and cough

yes. He can take both together. He will secret the virus for sometime

In brief: Flu and cough

Dr. Sari Nabulsi
Dr. Sari Nabulsi
Dr. William Forsythe
Board Certified, Emergency Medicine