My wife and I use soothe organic anti-bacterial anal lubricant for vaginal sex. can it cause her not to get pregnant? we are trying to have a baby.

Dr. Carline Louis-Jacques

In brief: Lubricants & preg

I don't know what is in the lubricant you are taking but my recommendation would be to use a vaginal one instead.
On average it takes 3-6 months for most couples to conceive and majority within 12 months. If you haven't conceived & it's been more than 12 months, see a GYN to discuss your concerns & review medications/ products you are using. If her cycles are irregular, then go sooner to the dr.

In brief: Lubricants & preg

Dr. Carline Louis-Jacques
Dr. Carline Louis-Jacques
Dr. Mary David

In brief: Antibacterial

Antibacterial products should not be used in the vagina.
They can kill the normal bacteria and increase the risk of vaginal infections as well as upsetting the pH balance. If you are trying to conceive there are lubricants such as proseed which are just for this. Ask the pharmacist or your OB/GYN for recommendations. Good luck.

In brief: Antibacterial

Dr. Mary David
Dr. Mary David
Dr. Mary David
Over time the normal bacteria should return.
Dr. Adam Levy