Should I teach my baby how to do sign language?

Dr. Bert Mandelbaum
Verbal languages are complex and infants and toddlers understand much more than they can express verbally.
Most toddlers are not forming sentences until after their second birthday. Teaching infants and toddlers the basics of sign language offers them a way to communicate before their verbal language begins, reducing their frustration and reinforcing to them the benefit of social communication.

Dr. Bert Mandelbaum
Dr. Bert Mandelbaum
Dr. Marcus Degraw
In brief: Sure
If you have the time and ability, sign language can be rewarding for you and baby and there is no doubt that studies will show learningnbasic sign language as a infant will enhance language skills as a toddler and child.

In brief: Sure
Dr. Marcus Degraw
Dr. Marcus Degraw