Is it better to use a fading cream before laser tattoo removal treatment?

Dr. Joseph Woods
Pathology

In brief: Probably after.

Apart from a topical anesthetic for pain management, the apparent time needed for application of cream(s)/sunscreen is if the skin becomes hyperpigmented.
Fading of the skin is also a complication, so it would seem that the best time to use this cream is after treatmnt, particularly if fading occurs.

In brief: Probably after.

Dr. Joseph Woods
Dr. Joseph Woods
Dr. Glenn Messina
Aesthetic Medicine

In brief: No

Those creams will not really affect your ink if anything they may seem to fade the luster of the ink.
Its important to have the epidermis intact before starting laser tattoo removal. There is a possibility of the laser doing more damage than expected. I always tell my patients do not do anything to your tattoo while we are in the process of removing it.

In brief: No

Dr. Glenn Messina
Dr. Glenn Messina
Dr. Frederick Coville
Surgery - Plastics

A lightening cream will not do anything to lighten the tatoo and won't make much difference in terms of removing the tattoo itself.
What it will do however, is lighten the surrounding skin and lessen any pigment changes to the normal skin that may be caused by the inflammation. This is really only important if you are of a darker complexion.

Dr. Frederick Coville
Dr. Frederick Coville