After laser tattoo removal treatment I have a large blister in one area. Is this normal?

Dr. Otto Placik
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: Sometimes

Blisters are not uncommon but if they open, you may want to discuss treatment with your physician to minimize scarring.

In brief: Sometimes

Dr. Otto Placik
Dr. Otto Placik
Dr. Glenn Messina
Aesthetic Medicine

In brief: Probably yes

I perform a significant amount of laser tattoo procedures on long island.
It is true may patients develop a blister, i always tell my patients keep it clean if it pops let it drain dong peel off the skin or roof of the blister it acts like a bandage and apply an antibiotic like neosporin, Bacitracin or triple antibiotic for the next few days till it is healed. Red and thick black blister alot.

In brief: Probably yes

Dr. Glenn Messina
Dr. Glenn Messina
Dr. Jayson Dupre
Aesthetic Medicine

Blistering is common following laser tattoo treatments.
Check with the center where your treatment was performed for guidance around how best to care for it and optimize quick healing.

Dr. Jayson Dupre
Dr. Jayson Dupre