What are the chances of laser acne removal not working?

It depends. There are several lasers that do help acne. I don't know the exact statistics but I find the Q switches yags specifically the spectra carbon peel from Korea do work relatively well. It is a3 step process first heating a carbon on the face, second lasering the carbon off taking off a layer of skin and clearing pores probably killing the bacteria as well it required 5 treatments 10 days apart.
5- 80% Acne treatment with laser takes long and patients have to be patients and compliant with the directions. Doctors have to follow up the patients really well. Because every patients are different. With all that, the success rate is almost 95%.