Non itchy tiny red pimple-like bumps on my upper chest. I have been applying a steroid cream for a fungal infection, then these bumps appeared.

Dr. J. Lawrence Dohan
Dermatology

In brief: See a dermatologist

Steroid cream is not good for fungus infections, often makes them worse.
Probably not fungus, though. It is not possible to define this without an inspection of the skin, preferably by a skin specialist.

In brief: See a dermatologist

Dr. Natalie Hodge

In brief: Hmmmm

A photo sure would help.
We need to know more about the bumps that are appearing... It's not likely to be allergic reaction to cortisone... Are they on your back as well? If you look at your back does it appear to be a christmas tree? Do the bumps look like "little tiny ringworms" with a scaly round rim and central clearing? Try a Prime Consult, with some good pics we may be able to diagnose.

In brief: Hmmmm

A photo sure would help.