Does anyone know if it safe to have lasek eye surgery while pregnant?

Dr. Ilan Cohen
Ophthalmology
In brief: Not advised
The procedure is no more dangerous when you're pregnant, however it is still not advised.
Lasek is an elective procedure in which medications need to be used. Unnecessary medication use while pregnant is best avoided. Also, pregnancy can cause fluctuations in your prescription and this can lead to less accurate outcomes.

In brief: Not advised
Dr. Ilan Cohen
Dr. Ilan Cohen
Dr. Jay Bradley
Ophthalmology - LASIK Surgery
In brief: No
No. Laser eye surgery is not recommended during pregnancy due to refractive instability, need for topical meds not approved for use during pregnancy, and use of laser not intended to be exposed to pregnant patients.
I wait until my patients have delivered and completed breastfeeding and have a stable refraction prior to performing laser eye surgery.

In brief: No
Dr. Jay Bradley
Dr. Jay Bradley
Dr. Emil Chynn
Ophthalmology - LASIK Surgery
In brief: LASEK pregnancy
I've done about 20, 000 procedures including over 100 on women who didn't know they were pregnant yet.
They all got 20/20. No effect on their final outcome. So the teaching that pregnancy affects refractive surgery outcome is incorrect and needs to be updated.

In brief: LASEK pregnancy
Dr. Emil Chynn
Dr. Emil Chynn
Dr. Jane Van Dis