What are the chances I will need a laparotomy and not a laparoscop?

Depends. It depends on the skill of your surgeon and the concern over the possibility of cancer which relates to your age etc. In our hands, in young patients with "big" cysts up to say 12 cm or so, we would almost always approach with laparoscopy unless a malignancy is strongly suspected. This would be rare in the young age groups. Depends on the planned surgery and the indication.
Depends. For some surgeries like a simple oophorectomy, myomectomy, or hysterectomy, the need to convert to a laparotomy is probably less than 1%, though never 0. For more challenging surgeries, like large fibroids or endometriosis with dense adhesions to the bowel or ureters, the chance of opening is higher. Your surgeon should give you reasonable expectations prior to surgery.