Difference between strep throat and mononucleosis?My simptoms:swollen and enlarged tonsils with white pockets,enlarged lymph nodes,no fever or fatigue

Dr. Linda Gromko

In brief: Get checked.

The most awful looking throats I see can be strep or mono.
In strep, a person usually has a fairly high temperature and headache. In mono, you see fatigue as the major symptom. With no fever and no fatigue, I wonder if you have little pockets (crypts) in your tonsils that can trap food/debris and become irritated. Very enlarged tonsils can interfere with breathing - which is non-negotiable!

In brief: Get checked.

Dr. Linda Gromko
Dr. Linda Gromko

In brief: Similar

Strep throat and mono are often quite similar at the beginning.
Strep has a tendency to diminish in intensity after several days while mono increases. They can occur together, which is a problem. The only true way to know is testing.

In brief: Similar

Dr. Shontae Buffington