Can I wear my custom made bruxism night guard for basketball or do I have to get a sports mouth guard?

Sports mouth guard. Different material, different function. Please have Dentist make you a custom-fit sports mouth guard for best protection from tooth damage, jaw fracture damage, and concussion damage. An occlusal orthotic (night guard) will not provide trauma protection.
Sport guard. is recommended. It will protect your teeth, gums and protect against concussion of the brain. Ask your dentist for custom made sport guard.
Get sports guard. You should get one for sports because the brux guard is most likely too hard and if you get hit, you could break teeth instead of protecting teeth. Sports guards also cover your teeth and gums for protection.
DO NOT. use your nightime guard for SPORTS...not strong enough! Happy Holidays Dr Z.