Moving my knees in a bent position or getting up when my knees are bent hurts the kneecap area. (Not once they're bent, only moving them there) Advice?

Could be torn. meniscus. Try otc anti inflammatory such as ibuprofen or naprosyn, (naproxen) and resting them for a while. If that does not work, see a doctor for accurate diagnosis and proper treatment.