What opiate is similar to the drug kadian (morphine)?

Morphine. Kadian is a time release form of morphine. Ms contin and Avinza are similar medications. Morphine ir is a shorter acting form.
Morphine. Kadian is a sustained release morphine. There are others on the market, including ms contin and avinza. There are also other long acting morphine derivatives called Opana and exalgo. The most closely related to Kadian are ms contin and avinza. I feel Avinza is superior but generally when purchasing it at the pharmacy there is greater out of pocket expense for my patients which is considered.