I have jaw and ear pain and I feel my jaw joint catching?

Dr. Bernstein Joel
ENT - Head & Neck Surgery

In brief: TMD

The jaw pain is primary and you need a dentist who is knowledgeable in jaw and muscle problems related to the temporo-mandibular joint (jaw joint).
The fact that your ear is directly behind the jaw joint makes you feel that the ear is involved. In reality, if you hearing has not changed and you have no drainage or tenderness in the ear canal, the jaw is your only problem.

In brief: TMD

Dr. Bernstein Joel
Dr. Bernstein Joel
Dr. Louis Gallia
Surgery - Oral & Maxillofacial

In brief: TMJ/TMD

TMJ/TMD problem. Can be complicated.
See TMj expert. Any dentist can be a TMJ expert with the proper training and experience. Most commonly, oral surgeons, prosthodontists, and orofacial pain specialists. Ask your MD, your dentist and your dental society for referrals.

In brief: TMJ/TMD

TMJ/TMD problem. Can be complicated.
Dr. Louis Gallia
Dr. Louis Gallia
Dr. William Forsythe
Board Certified, Emergency Medicine