Do my lungs feel heavy because of pulmonary fibrosis?

Not necessarily . Feeling heavy can be a result of any of multiple conditions. It warrants further attention to the cardiopulmonary system, but pulmonary fibrosis is not necessarily the answer.
It is possible. If you have been diagnosed with ipf, you may feel that your breathing is tight and is difficult at times to take deep breath. This is part of the disease.
Don't know. I would refer you to our healthtaps specialist or a private pulmonolgist to answer your questions. My line of practice is limited to surgery and self-healing meditation to treat cancers and chronic illnesses as a secondary support management of complementary medicine. I am sorry, i could not answer your question.