Can a father's drug use during conception cause birth defects - for example cocaine, opioids, depressants, stimulants, LSD/Ecstacy?

Dr. Lynne Weixel
Clinical Psychology

In brief: Major drug abuse

A history of major drug abuse can cause damage to male reproductive health - but it would not be from a single use at the actual time of conception.
I'd also think hard about the maturity and responsibility toward a potential child that you might expect from a man who abuses drugs enough to cause harm to his body. Creating a Life is serious business - even more than sex (which is too!) Be safe.

In brief: Major drug abuse

Dr. Lynne Weixel
Dr. Lynne Weixel
Dr. Wayne Ingram

In brief: Of course!

He does contribute 50% of the pregnancy product and genes are known to be altered by excess substance abuse.
The classic case is the use of marijuana on congenital malformations.

In brief: Of course!

Dr. Wayne Ingram
Dr. Wayne Ingram
Dr. Jonathan Jassey