Can pulmonary fibrosis affect young children?

Dr. Wojciech Skrzypiec
Internal Medicine - Pulmonary Critical Care
In brief: Unusual
Rarely in presence of connective tissue disorders, after certain medications, after chest radiation.

In brief: Unusual
Dr. Wojciech Skrzypiec
Dr. Wojciech Skrzypiec
Dr. Donald Elton
Internal Medicine - Pulmonology
In brief: Rare
This would be rare.
It could happen following a severe lung infection that caused lung injury and it could be a consequence of prolonged exposure to high oxygen concentrations as might happen to a premature infant. Fortunately infants and small children are still creating new lung that eventually makes up for the areas fibrosed.

In brief: Rare
This would be rare.
Dr. Donald Elton
Dr. Donald Elton
Dr. Eulogio Galvez
General Practice
In brief: Don't know
I would refer you to our healthtaps pediatricians.
There are several of them. They are more in a position to answer your questions. My line of practice is in surgery and self-healing meditation to treat cancers and chronic illnesses as a secondary support management of complementary medicine. I am sorry, i could not answer your questions.

In brief: Don't know
Dr. Eulogio Galvez
Dr. Eulogio Galvez