Colonscopy revealed "a small lesion near the cecum." Isn't that considered a polyp? I though all polyps were removed? Instead m having CT scan.

Dr. Paul Williams

In brief: ? colonoscopy lesion

Might be - but I suspect that it doesn't have the appearance of a polyp and the concern is that its in the wall of the colon - hence the need for a CT - what did the path report (if it was biopsied) show?? it may also be a very non descript area - not normal appearing on colonoscopy and not able to be biopsied but something that warrants further investigation.

In brief: ? colonoscopy lesion

Dr. Paul Williams
Dr. Paul Williams
Dr. Susan Arnoult

In brief: Ulcer?

It could have been an ulcer which would not be removed.
The CT scan would check for conditions like Crohn's disease.

In brief: Ulcer?

Dr. Susan Arnoult
Dr. Susan Arnoult
Dr. Vicken Poochikian