Why does all birth control change the color of discharge ? I'm barely experiencing the change of color my discharge since I got my Depo-Provera injection.

Dr. Jane Van Dis

In brief: Unclear

I hadn't heard that birth control changes the color of one's discharge? Definitely a progesterone only hormone like Depot Provera (medroxyprogesterone) can change the consistency of the discharge, but I hadn't heard about it changing the color. The bottom line, unless your discharge is itchy or foul-smelling, there's likely nothing wrong with your vagina or discharge.

In brief: Unclear

Dr. Jane Van Dis
Dr. Jane Van Dis
Dr. Dennis Higginbotham