I am a 49 y.o. female and for the first time I skipped a period this month. But... I have been feeling like pre-menstrual cramps all month (more like very very mild discomfort around my ovaries/pelvic area). Is that normal? Anything special I need to d

Dr. Julie Abbott
Preventive Medicine

In brief: Wow...you're special

To have not skipped a period in perhaps 35+ years of menstrual life is amazing! You're super normal! Now you are experiencing some not atypical perimenopausal symptoms.
HOWEVER, the fact that the cramps have persisted all month is of some concern. Visit your doctor and consider an ultrasound examination of the pelvis for reassurance.

In brief: Wow...you're special

Dr. Jane Van Dis