I have a sore throat that is causing me to cough up mucus and soon after, the inside of my chest and ears itch. Why is that and what can I do?

Dr. David Houghton
Internal Medicine & Pediatrics

In brief: Sounds like a cold

The common cold causes mucus production, sore throat and cough.
Itching is common as well. After coughing, your chest might feel irritated from the forceful air movement. The ears often get sensations referred from the throat. Doesn't sound worrisome. Unfortunately there are not any meds that are very effective for mucus or cough. Warm salt water gargle can soothe throat. You'll be well soon.

In brief: Sounds like a cold

Dr. David Houghton
Dr. David Houghton
Dr. Klaus d Lessnau
Internal Medicine - Pulmonary Critical Care

In brief: Many

possibilities. You want to see your doc ASAP.
Do not wait and stay safe. This can develop into something serious and you and me do not want to see that happen.

In brief: Many

Dr. Klaus d Lessnau
Dr. Klaus d Lessnau