What is humor therapy?

Dr. Allen Seely
General Practice

In brief: Laughter can CURE

I met norman cousins in los angeles in 1989.
He had revitalized a popular belief in the power of the mind on the body in his book: anatomy of an illness (norton, 1979). He recounts in 1964 he developed a disabling arthritis, left the hospital, checked into a hotel and arranged for showings of laugh provoking films, and read humorous books. His symptoms improved without drugs (except vitamin c).

In brief: Laughter can CURE

Dr. Allen Seely
Dr. Allen Seely
Dr. Lily Bhattacharya
Clinical Psychology

In brief: Using humor

to either distract yourself from physical pain or a emotionally draining ongoing problem that is unfixable or slow to go away/treat.
Like reading humorous books/watching funny movies, cartoons, reading the funnies, spending time in comedy clubs to use humor to increase your sense of well being and immune system. This has shown to be helpful to people for many reasons.

In brief: Using humor

Dr. Lily Bhattacharya
Dr. Lily Bhattacharya