How many people in the world get emphysema a year?

Dr. Wojciech Skrzypiec
Internal Medicine - Pulmonary Critical Care

In brief: 10 %

World wide estimate is 10% - due to cigarette smoking and due to use of biofuels - like wood and others.
In usa incidence is 16.3 new cases per 1000 per year.

In brief: 10 %

Dr. Wojciech Skrzypiec
Dr. Wojciech Skrzypiec
Dr. Michael Carson

In brief: Around 24%

Based on a 1972 study of autopsy data, the overall incidence of emphysema in both sexes was 24% (35% in men and 9% in women 9%).
A more recent study found that the worldwide prevalence of COPD was 10.1%, so it depends on the source.

In brief: Around 24%

Dr. Michael Carson
Dr. Michael Carson
Dr. Eulogio Galvez
General Practice

In brief: Don't know

Would refer you to our specialists at healthtaps pulmonologist for a correct answer. I have answered your questions before.
My practice is in surgery and self-healing meditation to treat cancers and chronic illnesses as a secondary support management of complementary medicine.

In brief: Don't know

Dr. Eulogio Galvez
Dr. Eulogio Galvez
Dr. Umesh Patel