What can I do about tooth heat sensitivity?

Sensitive tooth. I advise to check with your dentist.
Nerve involvement. When teeth become sensitive to heat it usually means that the nerve of the tooth is involved. A root canal will treat the nerve and eliminate the pain.
See a dentist. Severe hot sensitivity is more ominous than cold sensitivity and could mean that your tooth has irreversable puplitis and may requires a root canal. If your teeth are mildly hot and cold sensitive, there is a possibility that it is a reversable condition. If you recently had some dental work done and are haveing sensitivity, contact your dentist to eval.
Use Sensodyne first. The source of your sensitivity needs to be determined by a dentist first. It may simply be an exposed root that could easily be treated with a dentrifice like sensodyne. A root canal is only needed if there is irreversible damage to the nerve. Simply treating all sensitive teeth with root canals is like shooting flies with bazookas. Please see a dentist if a desensitizing paste does not work.