What can I do about tooth heat sensitivity?

Dr. Mohammad Homsi
Neurology

In brief: Sensitive tooth

I advise to check with your dentist.

In brief: Sensitive tooth

I advise to check with your dentist.
Dr. Mohammad Homsi
Dr. Mohammad Homsi

In brief: Nerve involvement

When teeth become sensitive to heat it usually means that the nerve of the tooth is involved.
A root canal will treat the nerve and eliminate the pain.

In brief: Nerve involvement

Dr. Andrew Vendelis
Dr. Andrew Vendelis
Dr. Meng Syn
Dentistry

In brief: See a dentist

Severe hot sensitivity is more ominous than cold sensitivity and could mean that your tooth has irreversable puplitis and may requires a root canal.
If your teeth are mildly hot and cold sensitive, there is a possibility that it is a reversable condition. If you recently had some dental work done and are haveing sensitivity, contact your dentist to eval.

In brief: See a dentist

Dr. Meng Syn
Dr. Meng Syn
Dr. Aaron Smith
Dentistry

In brief: Use Sensodyne first

The source of your sensitivity needs to be determined by a dentist first.
It may simply be an exposed root that could easily be treated with a dentrifice like sensodyne. A root canal is only needed if there is irreversible damage to the nerve. Simply treating all sensitive teeth with root canals is like shooting flies with bazookas. Please see a dentist if a desensitizing paste does not work.

In brief: Use Sensodyne first

Dr. Aaron Smith
Dr. Aaron Smith
Dr. Vicken Poochikian