2 doctors weighed in:
If sodium floride is a hazardous waste bi-product- why would they put in our drinking water?
2 doctors weighed in

Dr. Howard Schneider
Dentistry - Pediatric
In brief: Small amounts good
Like many things (vitamin c, iron, oxygen, water), Fluoride in the correct small quantity is safe.
It is only toxic when systemic exposure is much higher then the recommended amount. At the correct amount Fluoride makes your tooth enamel more acid resistant and lowers tooth decay. That is why small amounts are in drinking water. In reality you need a lot over a long time to have any problems.

In brief: Small amounts good
Like many things (vitamin c, iron, oxygen, water), Fluoride in the correct small quantity is safe.
It is only toxic when systemic exposure is much higher then the recommended amount. At the correct amount Fluoride makes your tooth enamel more acid resistant and lowers tooth decay. That is why small amounts are in drinking water. In reality you need a lot over a long time to have any problems.
Dr. Howard Schneider
Dr. Howard Schneider
Thank
Dr. Edward Smith
Neurology
In brief: Concentration
It is a matter of dilution.
A little bit is good, for bones and teeth. Too much is harmful.

In brief: Concentration
It is a matter of dilution.
A little bit is good, for bones and teeth. Too much is harmful.
Dr. Edward Smith
Dr. Edward Smith
Thank
Get help from a real doctor now
Dr. Vicken Poochikian
Board Certified,
38 years in practice
2M people helped
Continue
107,000 doctors available
Read more answers from doctors