Are my lungs inflamed when I have emphysema?

Dr. Carlo Hatem
Internal Medicine - Pulmonary Critical Care
In brief: No
In emphysema inflammation is practically non existent as opposed to chronic bronchitis where inflammation results in chronic mucus production.

In brief: No
Dr. Carlo Hatem
Dr. Carlo Hatem
Dr. James Leaming
Emergency Medicine
Lung damage and inflammation of the air sacs (alveoli) results in emphysema.
Treatment of chronic emphysema often includes medications that decrease the inflammatory response and therefore decrease the enlargement and destruction of the air spaces distal to the terminal bronchioles.

Dr. James Leaming
Dr. James Leaming
Dr. Eulogio Galvez
General Practice
In brief: Yes or no.
The pulmonologist is more in a position to answer your question.
I would refer you to our healthtaps specialists or private pulmonologist to answer your question. My line of practice is in surgery and self-healing meditation to treat cancers and chronic illnesses as secondary support management. I am sorry, i could not answer your question.

In brief: Yes or no.
Dr. Eulogio Galvez
Dr. Eulogio Galvez
Dr. Umesh Patel