What can distract me from the guilt about eating anymore?

Dr. Arthur Ciaramicoli
Clinical Psychology
In brief: Guilt
Your guilt needs to be understood so you can work through the causes and gain perspective as to the reality of your guilt.
Consult a mental health professional who can help you lessen guilt and develop a more understanding toward yourself. Best.

In brief: Guilt
Dr. Arthur Ciaramicoli
Dr. Arthur Ciaramicoli
Dr. Brett Kalmowitz
Internal Medicine - Gastroenterology
In brief: Therapy
This is a common problem that is to complex to treat in this venue.
The issues are often deep rooted and require therapy and support, as would an alcoholic or drug addict. Good luck and please get help.

In brief: Therapy
Dr. Brett Kalmowitz
Dr. Brett Kalmowitz
Dr. Robert Killian
General Practice
In brief: Eating to Live
I appreciate the struggle a lot of us share about our bodies not being perfect, having to fight obesity or being overweight or just imperfect and also needing to eat to live.
It is for some the toughest thing in life to learn to manage and find peace and joy at the same time. I know you have been advised to get to therapy and i agree. But, i would add that guilt will never help us live better.

In brief: Eating to Live
Dr. Robert Killian
Dr. Robert Killian
Dr. Robert Killian
We learn in therapy that guilt is a choice. It never makes us better nor does it shame us into good or healthier choices. We have to practice making different choices on what to feel and then what to do about it. Little by little we make better choices and then have pride for our strength and get rewarded over time with less guilt and shame. You can have a better and healthier future.