If I have cancer is there an increased risk for me to get pulmonary embolism?

Yes. Certain cancers may have more risk (pancreatic, ovarian and lung cancers), because they might increase certain chemical substances in body or secret them to increase the blood clot formation. Also chemo may increase the risk as well. Immobility in people with advanced cancer can be another risk. Damage to the blood vessel walls from the cancer or even from treatment may be a risk.
Yes... Malignancy is a risk factor to developing a clot because it causes a hypercoaguable state. If you develop symptoms like acute shortness of breath or sudden leg swelling, you should be evaluated at an er right away. Keeping yourself mobile will tend to decrease your risk so keep moving and see your doctor regularly so this can be monitored. Good luck to you with your cancer therapy!
Yes. Cancers can lead to "hypercoagulability" states. This means that your blood can more easily form a clot. The same also applies to recent surgery, trauma, etc.
Yes. Yes. Sometimes clots precede cancer. Certainly cancer is a high risk factor for clotting. The physician who described trousseau syndrome ended up developing developing gastric cancer and dying of the syndrome he was eponymous for. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/trousseau_syndrome also, certain treatments for cancer can be clot promoting.
Yes. Cancer is considered a hypercoagulable state which means the blood is more likely to form clots. These clots can lead to such conditions as deep vein thrombosis (DVT) and pulmonary embolism (pe).
Yes. Cancer can lead to a pro clot or pro thrombotic state, and pulmonary emoblism may be a byproduct of that.