When I pee there is literally nothing coming out, but I feel like I have to pee, is this a urinary tract infection?

Dr. Sarkis Banipalsin
In brief: Maybe
That is the definition of urinary hesitancy which is difficulty in passing urine either starting or maintaining the urine flow.
That may be related to infection. Other common causes: obstruction such as prostate enlargement and medications including over the counters. Also there are lots of rare or uncommon causes. If you are experiencing it, see your doctor for an evaluation.

In brief: Maybe
Dr. Sarkis Banipalsin
Dr. Sarkis Banipalsin
Dr. George Klauber
Pediatrics - Urology
In brief: Probably, if recent
Need to get urine tested.
Will need a course of antibiotics if positive.

In brief: Probably, if recent
Need to get urine tested.
Dr. George Klauber
Dr. George Klauber
Dr. Kenneth Cheng
In brief: Possibly
Any change in urination, such as "urgency, " the sensation of the need to urinate despite only a small amount or no urine coming out can be a sign of a urinary tract infection.
Other possible causes include a kidney stone, interstitial cystitis, other obstruction, etc. These symptoms warrant a visit to your physician to narrow the possible cause.

In brief: Possibly
Dr. Kenneth Cheng
Dr. Kenneth Cheng
Dr. Dennis Higginbotham