Is it normal to have extra saliva after root canal therapy?

Yes. Any time that work is being done in the oral cavity there can be an increase in salivary flow. Not to worry.
Not unusual. When one has dental work done, it is not uncommon for the physical stimulation of the tissues to result in increased salivary flow.
No. You may be reacting to the temporary filling placed to cover the root canal access or a change in contour of the tooth. Most endodontist shorten the tooth after the root canal is done to keep it from hitting the opposing teeth as it heals. The tounge sometime will not leave it alone and the result can be excessive saliva. See your dentist to evaluate.