What's better for frown lines? Dysport or botox?

Dr. Jennifer Tighe De Soto
Cosmetic Surgery

In brief: Similar Results

In my experience, both give very similar results.
I've had some patients say that Dysport is a bit more natural (i.e. less "frozen") than Botox. Dysport also comes on faster (3-5 days instead of 7-10 with Botox.) I have quite a few patients who request Dysport over Botox and I prefer it when I treat my own lines. FYI you can get a really great deal on Dysport right now with Aspire. (google it)

In brief: Similar Results

Dr. Darryl Blinski
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: Botox vs Dysport??

Both are types of Botulinum. Botox is onabotulinumtoxin A , while Dysport is abobotinumtoxin A.
They both are potent neurotoxins produced by gram-positive anaerobic bacteria (Clostridium botulinum). This bacteria has 7 serotypes (A to G), each produces a specific antigenic toxin. All block the release of acetylcholine from presynaptic terminal of neuromuscular junctions. Thus causing paralysis.

In brief: Botox vs Dysport??

Dr. Darryl Blinski
I prefer BOTOX because of the name recognition. No patient WEVER asks for Dysport, ever! Plus if you inject Dysport and have an issue the patient will demand why you did not use BOTOX...just my 2 cents////
Dr. Gustavo Diaz
Facial Plastic Surgery

In brief: Same result

There is no difference on the results from Dysport to Botox.
Hope this helps.

In brief: Same result

Hope this helps.
Dr. Darryl Blinski
Again if all of our expert responders would answer the easy question, "How many patients ever arrive in your office asking specifically for Dysport or Xeomin?"
Dr. Henry Mentz
Cosmetic Surgery

In brief: Botox/Dysport

BOTOX® Cosmetic and Dysport® are cosmetic injectables that greatly reduce the appearance of creases between the brows, on the forehead and around the eyes and mouth.
Most patients prefer Botox to Dysport.

In brief: Botox/Dysport

Most patients prefer Botox to Dysport.
Dr. Darryl Blinski
You said it! When has a patient ever requested Dysport???
Dr. Glenn Messina
Aesthetic Medicine

In brief: I prefer dysport

They are very similar disport is a smaller molecule and seems to work a few days sooner than botox and maybe last a few weeks longer. I use both but prefer dysport.
There is a dosage different between the two every unit of botox equal 2.5u of dysport

In brief: I prefer dysport

Dr. Darryl Blinski
To much hassle for the mixing! No patient requests Dysport. In my hands it DOES NOT last longer BUT shorter. I receive MUCH better deals from Allergen.