I will be having endoscopic sinus surgery in a week. Any thing I need to prepare for?

Dr. Bernstein Joel
ENT - Head & Neck Surgery

In brief: Ask your surgeon

I am happy to answer these questions about endoscopic sinus surgery.
I am confused why you are asking. Your surgeon has the responsibility to answer every conceivable question that you have. You have to prepare for pain, occasional bleeding, a pack in the nose for a few days (not always). Your must ask him about risks to the eyes and brain. (very rare but possible).

In brief: Ask your surgeon

Dr. Bernstein Joel
Dr. Bernstein Joel
Dr. Alen Cohen
ENT - Head & Neck Surgery

In brief: Avoid certain meds

Only way to prepare is to avoid blood thinners like aspirin, motrin, advil, fish oil, vitamin E and various herbal products for one week before surgery and two weeks after.

In brief: Avoid certain meds

Dr. Alen Cohen
Dr. Alen Cohen
Dr. Mark Pack
Board Certified, Surgery