Is there anything better than dovonex (calcipotriene) for psoriasis?

Topical steroids. For localized psoriasis, dovonex (calcipotriene) alone is of limited value. It works much better when used along with prescription strength topical steroids. Also, Dovonex (calcipotriene) Cream is not as effective as the ointment, which is no longer available; however, calcitrene ointment and generic Calcipotriene Ointment are basically the same as dovonex (calcipotriene) ointment.
Treatment Options. There are many options for treating psoriasis. They range from topicals (steroids and non-steroids), light therapy, oral medications (methotrexate, soriatane, (acitretin) cyclosporin) and injectable medications (biologics). I would talk to a dermatologist about the many different and effective treatments for psoriasis. Unfortunately, we still don't know what causes it and we have yet to find a cure.