Does add cause difficulty focusing on every tasks including those of personal interest?

Pathology

Adult add is probably underdiagnosed.
Nobody focuses easily on stuff they hate or find boring; the add sufferer has trouble focusing on play and the things they like. The real question is, "will add medication help me?" some of my colleagues recommend a therapeutic trial. Good luck.

Adult add is probably underdiagnosed.
Dr. Glen Elliott
Pediatrics - Psychiatry

In brief: Variable

Some children and adults with adhd are not only able to focus on a task of personal interest to them but actually become "overfocused, " blocking out any and all stimuli except the task at hand--in adults this sometimes is called "spousal deafness.
" however, they typically are still vulnerable to distraction if they take a break and something else of interest pops up.

In brief: Variable

Dr. Glen Elliott
Dr. Glen Elliott
Dr. Steven Seres