Huh? The liver? "Iodine reduces thyroid hormone and can kill fungus, bacteria, and other microorganisms such as amoebas. A specific kind of iodine called potassium iodide is also used to treat (but not prevent) the effects of a radioactive accident." Ref: http://www.webmd.com/vitamins-supplements/ingredientmono-35-iodine.aspx?activeingredientid=35.
Interested to know if iodine taken orally would get into the liver and bile, and kill bacteria in there?
Danger. Your body needs a tiny amount of iodine to prevent a thyroid condition called goiter. You get that from food or iodized salt in your diet. More iodine is very dangerous and in any case won't kill bacteria in your body. If you think you have an infection, you must see a doctor. Good luck. Read more...