Colonoscopy prep - is there a colyte (polyethylene glycol) alternative?

Yes. Some use a small bottle of MiraLAX (polyethylene glycol) with 64 oz gatorade which can be supplemented by a few days of liquid diet.
Options Available. There are many preps available. Options will vary with the endoscopist. It is best to discuss this with your doctor as he is the one who will advise you on the prep. A common option is a golytlely or CoLyte prep which involves consuming 4 liters of a peg solution. But options with MiraLAX (polyethylene glycol) and 2 liters of fluid are available. There is also a prep with pills. Check with your doctor for options.