I heard ibuprofen is safe. Im 19 weeks could it cause me to misscarry?i

Dr. Charles Whiting

In brief: Controversial

The use of ibuprofen in pregnancy is somewhat controversial.
It probably won't cause a miscarriage at 19 weeks but there is some concern that it could cause problems. For example, it may cause part of the fetal circulation, the ductus arteriosus, to close prematurely if ibuprofen is used after 30 weeks. I wouldn't use it unless your Ob recommends it. Best Wishes!

In brief: Controversial

Dr. Charles Whiting
Dr. Charles Whiting
Dr. Peter Baumann

In brief: Not in pregnancy

It doesn't cause miscarriage, but can have adverse effects on the fetus.
Ibuprofen belongs to a group of pills that are referred to as non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAiDS). Indomethacin has been used in pregnancy only under extraordinary circumstances.

In brief: Not in pregnancy

Dr. Peter Baumann
Dr. Peter Baumann
Dr. Dennis Higginbotham