Is there medicine that can help my kidneys stop failing?

Dr. Theodore Cole

In addition to drug choices, there are a number of herbal and homeopathic remedies that support kidney function.
There are also therapies that help as well, such as detoxification programs, as there are many chemicals and heavy metals that impair kidney function. I always advise that these programs should be done under a physicians supervision.

Dr. Theodore Cole
Dr. Theodore Cole
Dr. Kenneth Cheng

The most common cause for kidney failure is diabetes, and with diabetes we recommend that they take a common blood pressure medication, and ACE inhibitor, which has been thoroughly studied and shown to slow the progression of kidney failure.
Ace inhibitors are the blood pressure medications that end in "-pril" (i.e. Linsinopril, captopril, etc.).

Dr. Kenneth Cheng
Dr. Kenneth Cheng
Dr. Keith Hopkins

In brief: YES!!

The 2 most common reasons for ckd (chronic kidney disease) are diabetes & hypertension.
Improved glucose control, of any sort, will slow the decline in renal function for all diabetics. Regarding medications, the ace-inhibitors slow the decline, but moreso in those spilling protein in their urine. In those with hypertension renal ftn will be helped by improved control as well- & any form will do!

In brief: YES!!

Dr. Keith Hopkins
Dr. Keith Hopkins