What type knee brace would you suggest for a torn meniscus I've had surgery to fix it yet I still have a lot of instability issues?

Dr. Jason Waterman
Sports Medicine

In brief: Hinged brace + PT

The best braces to decrease the chances of having instability episodes are hinged knee braces.
Even with these braces, however, you may still experience instability. Your best bet to decrease these episodes is to begin a focused exercise protocol to strengthen your quadriceps, hamstrings, and hip abductor & adductor muscles. I often prescribe physical therapy for these injuries.

In brief: Hinged brace + PT

Dr. Jason Waterman
Dr. Jason Waterman
Dr. Warren Strudwick
Board Certified, Sports Medicine