I've had a history of sinus infections (one or two every year for about ten years) and I have chunky green mucus and 101° fever. What does this mean?

Dr. William Culviner
ENT - Head & Neck Surgery

In brief: Uri or sinusitis

It depends on how long you have had symptoms, but if this has been present for more than a week to 10 days, then infection with bacteria is more likely(sinusitis).
You would likely need antibiotics. You should always try basic care like mucus thinner(expectorants), decongestants, nasal saline rinses, and humidification of bedroom air. If all else fails see MD.

In brief: Uri or sinusitis