Two fractures in neck from injury over 15 years ago causing severe pain in right side of neck and shoulder blade. Hard to turn head. What can he do?

Dr. Brian Siegel
Pain Management

In brief: Facet injections

you have degenerative changes in your neck, likely accelerated from your accident.
A significant pain generator can be the facet joints. These can be treated via medial branch nerve blocks. If the pain is reduced by these blocks, then radiofrequency lesioning can be performed giving pain relief of up to a year or more

In brief: Facet injections

Dr. Tariq Niazi
Orthopedic Surgery

In brief: Get seen & examined

so as to have a Dx.
I am sure you have arthritis and maybe bulging or herniated discs as well. MRI would be helpful for establishing the Dx. Depending on that your surgeon will be able to formulate a Plan of care for you. GOOD LUCK.

In brief: Get seen & examined

so as to have a Dx.
Dr. William Forsythe
Board Certified, Emergency Medicine